1. Fordítsd le az alábbi mondatokat úgy, hogy a megadott angol szavak szerepeljenek benne.
- It's a foregone conclusion that we'll win the championship.
- There's no telling what he's going to do now.
- Even if he swore blind that he'd never be late, I'd divorce him.
- He did it alone - I'd stake my life on it.
- I can't say for certain whether he was accepted.
- He loves this place beyond a shadow of a doubt.
- I know for fact that they are going to move.
- The future of the child is still up in the air.
- The politicians had mixed feelings about the plan.
- I took it for granted that I'd get the job.
2. Egészítsd ki az alábbi szöveget a megfelelő szavakkal.
3. Fejezd be az alábbi mondatokat.
- No doubt you'll find cheaper accommodation.
- It never crossed my mind that she would buy a scooter.
- What he heard throws doubt on the verdict.
- I know without a shadow of a doubt that the boss will accept this idea.
- He left at 10 to make sure he'd get there on time.
- No one was in doubt as to who paid for the journey.
- I can't say for certain whether I'm coming or not.
- I thought I was in safe ground when I asked that question.
- If in doubt, wait and see.
- It's a safe bet that he won't travel by train.
4. Alkoss értelmes (és létező!) szókapcsolatokat az alábbi szavakból.
make certain, foregone conclusion, swear blind, beyond dispute, cast doubt, mixed feelings, feel your way, beyond question, safe ground, hold out hope, a long shot, open question
- Nem vagy biztos benne miért? Nézd meg a Kifejezéstárat!