1. Fordítsd le az alábbi párbeszédet a kifejezések segítségével.
'Imagine, I came down with the flu last week.'
'Really? You look as sound as a bell/as fit as a fiddle.'
'You are kind. By the way, I also came out in a rash.'
'No way. You are/seem radiant with health.'
'The doctor said I had worked a lot and burnt out. I may have to go under the knife.'
'Well, I think you are the picture of health although you do look a bit off colour.'
'You really think so?'
'Yes, yes. And now I can see the rashes, too. You don't look up to the mark.'
'But, come on, my health has improved in leaps and bounds.'
'Well, I really think it has taken a turn for the worse. Maybe you should smoke less.'
'You know I don't smoke and I run 5 km a day.'
'My poor friend, you are at death's door.'
'How dare you say such things! I feel I'm in the pink.'
'Well, I won't hold you up, you are living on borrowed time.'
2. Egészítsd ki az alábbi mondatokat a megfelelő szavakkal a dobozból.
3. Kösd össze az összetartozó mondatrészeket.
- If you're worried about someone's health, it is giving cause for concern.
- If you came down with something, you became ill.
- If you are as sound as a bell, you have no health problems.
- If you dose someone up with medicine, you give them a lot of it.
- If you don't feel up to the mark, you aren't all right.
- If you cut down on something, you do or use less of it.
- If something is very painful, it hurts like hell.
- If you are a chain smoker, you smoke one cigarette after the other.
- If you go under the knife, you're going to be operated on.
- If you aren't allowed up, you must stay in bed.
- Nem vagy benne biztos miért? Nézd meg a Kifejezéstárat!